Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Since my last.....

It has been few weeks since my last post and a lot has happened in that time. I have been very busy with end of semester goings on.

First: The Holy Father made his apostolic visit to the U.S. I had the great opportunity to be present at Pope Benedict's gathering with seminarians and youth at St. Joseph's seminary in Yonkers, NY. I also had the great luck to be in the "pit" of seminarians that were gathered at the foot of the stage. To be gathered with thousands of youth, many bishops and cardinals, and the Holy Father was an amazing experience I will not soon forget. Along with the experience of being in the presence of the Holy Father, the great message that he gave to us in NY was one that was profoundly simple. The transcript can be read here.

While this message is not a new one, it is one that is needed by the Church in America. Calling the youth of the American Church to courage, to be courageous on the face of the secular agenda that is at complete odds with the mission of Christ's Church on Earth. I for one am very pleased that the Holy Father took the time to address and encourage those who tend to be the most active and zealous about the faith; the youth.

Thank you Holy Father for be the Shepard of the Church and for calling all of us to LIVEour faith.

No comments: